Sunday, March 14, 2004

Dosu-KOI!

Today, as a treat, and out of laziness, we ate dinner at a yakiniku house. There's one just a short walk from our apartment, named YAKINIKU YOKOZUNA.

It was sadly lacking in sumo wrestlers.

On the plus side, however, the food was quite good, and surprisingly filling. A highlight was the shocking discovery of two whole cloves of garlic on one of the plates of meat. Turns out garlic is great when grilled--but I think it might have given Kate heartburn.

Some Greek!

Yesterday at work I was told a wonderful anecdote: one of my students said he was walking on the street late one night, and ran across a highly inebriated man yelling at an electrical pole. "What are you doing?" he demanded of it. "Why are you standing around? It's late! You should go home! Move, you idiot, move!" When he (the student) walked past him (the drunkard), he (the drunkard) suddenly realized he was talking to an electrical pole.

His agression disappeared. "I'm so sorry!" he apologized to the pole. "You're just a pole! I understand it's not your fault. You can stand here, it's all right, no problem. I'm so sorry for yelling at you! There is no excuse for my behaviour!"

Wow. This student sure could relate an anecdote. I nearly fell out of my chair.