Monday, April 17, 2006

The solution to Canmore's rabbit problems?

The Eagleman

That is one magnificent raptor.

Some of you may know that I'm not the world's biggest fan of hunting, or animals, or the great outdoors, or, well, nature in general. But falconry is something I could get into in some possible world, apart from the fact that it appears to take a lot of effort.

(Maybe this is related to the first character of my name in kanji: '', which is the name of the black kite. Badass name. Thanks, mom. Not that I resemble my namesake much. My eyesight is barely serviceable, and I can state from personal experience that my nails just aren't sharp enough to skewer the necks of small mammals. Also, when I was in Japan I saw on the news that the government had decided to allow a new set of kanji to be used in given names, and one of them was '鳶'. This implies that, at the time of my birth, my name was technically illegal.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tsk tsk mom. I now wonder if the kanji for my name was or is legal.
Ooh, the suspense...

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home