Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Laughthink

The remainder of the Wright jokes.
My friend has a baby. I'm recording all the noises he makes so later I can ask him what he meant.

I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

I lost a button hole today.

I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.
The relation of such jokes to Wittgenstein's view of philosophy is stated by the man himself:
I could ask: why do I sense a grammatical joke as being in a certain sense deep? (And that of course is what the depth of philosophy is.)
Thus following Wittgenstein philosophy transcends thought and humour and enters into the activity of laughthinking.

I have no idea what I just said.

I think I might know what Wittgenstein is getting at. But I can't be sure because the prof hasn't handed out the decoder rings yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger scott said...

I can well understand
why children love sand.

- Wittgenstein

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home