Sunday, January 15, 2006

I did a nice thing.

The other day Kate and I saw Shaolin Temple at DocFilms. Shaolin Temple is a truly epic martial arts film about the destruction of the Shaolin Temple, with corny special effects and atrocious acting. It was a great time.

"Oh! Crane style!"
"Now I understand why you made me stir rice for all those years!"

On our way back we ran across a shoulder bag on the lawn beside the sidewalk. I found a piece of paper with the likely owner's name (same as Sarah McLachlan, but spelt differently) and address. I unsuccessfully tried to return it to her that night, but I left a note at her apartment, so she contacted us the following day and got her stuff back.

Apparently the pub "got the better" of her, and while I don't like to moralize, I think one might want to reconsider one's style of alcohol consumption, if that leads to the loss of a bag containing the entirety of a semester's course materials, a cell phone, and an iPod. (Sigh. If only there hadn't been a way to track down the owner. I totally would've taken that iPod.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home