Monday, January 09, 2006

I Leave for Chicago

The day did not go well. Wanting the cheapest flight, I booked a connecting flight through Toronto to Chicago on Travelocity. There was one hour to transfer planes at the Toronto airport - I just didn't realize how little that is when the airport is laid out so poorly! The terminals are spaced out such that the bus ride between them takes around 10-15 minutes, not including wait time for the bus. Just to get to the bus is a whole other issue, since the airport has signs directing you to Terminal 2 buses, which mysteriously end. You are then left to figure out for yourself that you must make a turn, go around a corner into a recessed alcove, and then down some stairs. No signage here.

Of course, I did what I knew I shouldn't have, and flew Air Canada. I swear, and this time I really mean it, that no matter how cheap, no matter how convenient, I will never ever use Air Canada again. They were rude at the Vancouver Airport, and when I got to the Toronto airport my bags did not arrive (and considering by that point that I had 15 minutes to go through customs and board my plane, I didn't have long to wait). Air Canada lost my luggage. Of course there has been no apology and the Chicago airport assures me they should arrive today. The 4.5 hour flight to Toronto on Tango Plus had no food at all, not even peanuts. We did get one drink though. Great. They had an 'onboard restaurant' that had hotdogs at exhorbitant prices. Add to that that the Air Canada flight was delayed twice, once at the beginning and once upon arrival in Toronto, because 'the ground crew hadn't arrived yet', and it was a pretty frustrating day overall.

To top it all off, I got really sick on the second flight - some kind of cold or allergies I guess. :( Today I'm just going to relax and wait for my bags to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home