Friday, December 09, 2005

Updates

Well it's been awhile. In the last month, my dad has come and left Japan, I got rid of two major appliances, and I failed at the Nanowrimo contest (for the latter, my excuse is the business of guiding my dad around Japan).

I think Dad had a good time, we managed to do a lot more than I expected. He saw a lot of Tokyo, we did a weekend trip to Kyoto, and another to Hakone, and we went to Kasama, a pottery town in Ibaraki prefecture. Along the way, we picked up an older Japanese couple who invited us to their home for dinner (they made sukiyaki, really tasty, we drank lots of beer, and watched slide shows of their trip to Switzerland). They invited my dad to go on a road trip in their car with them, but there wasn't enough time. We had an adventure around Shinjuku on one of the last nights he was here - we were trying to find the Indian restaurant Toby and I had been to many times...the long and the short of it is that we walked around for an hour, gave up and started looking for an Ootoya we had seen awhile back, and in the midst of this undertaking ran smack into the original Indian restaurant. We had a lovely dinner, too.

I still don't know what I'll do with the rest of the stuff I'm trying to get rid of. I keep getting offers from wishy-washy people who never make up their minds...it takes a long time to sell stuff. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home