Sunday, November 27, 2005

America continues to dominate in the field of irony

Ex-Fema boss starts disaster firm

The man who lost his job as head of the US response to Hurricane Katrina has started up a new firm - dealing with disaster readiness.
...

Mr Brown said his experience could be used to demonstrate how firms and agencies can better prepare themselves for unseen problems, and how to react when they arise.

His "experience"? As in, his experience in disaster readiness? No, no, no, that would be a kind of job experience, which would entail that he actually fulfilled duties of some sort in his capactiy as head of FEMA. I think the term to use here is "example", in the sense of "cautionary example".

He said the way he was criticised hurt, especially his family.

Oh, it always breaks my heart to hear about the pain that people suffered in the aftermath of Katrina.

But he added: "I'm moving on with my life. I'm doing a lot of good work with some great clients... My wife, children and my grandchild still love me. My parents are still proud of me."

Well, thank God he's been able to piece his life back together, after all he's been through! Someone ought to write an inspirational biopic about this amazing saga. The title could be Comeback Kid: The Michael Brown Story, with the tagline: Though New Orleans fell, not all was lost....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home