Sunday, October 30, 2005

I have no idea what's going on in the world

I just noticed that the clocks on all the computers in the library tell me that it's an hour earlier than I thought it was. So, daylight savings has ended. This came as a big surprise.

I have no TV, no radio, and no internet access at home. I've never been so distraction-deprived. I think I'm actually adapting to this situation pretty well, and I know that there are many positives to being so free of distractions, but I still really want to return to my former life as a media junky.

I'm getting a phoneline on November 2, and ADSL is meant to kick in on the 7th. Once I get that set up, it'll be much easier for me to start filling the apartment up with junk; the university has this great website where students sell second-hand stuff to each other, generally for really good prices. So far I've tended to miss the best deals, since I can only access the internet on campus.

I'm getting really obsessed with Kierkegaard. I've never encountered a single sentence written by him before this semester started. How did this happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home