Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

Don't bother with this one. Of course, I heard it was great, and as a last minute attempt to fend off boredom on the flight from Japan picked it up. I couldn't believe it - not only does it have major plot and character problems, but it's boring. Really boring. I fell asleep about every 5 pages. I kept hoping it would get better, but it never did.

It's so unbelievable too - it takes a cryptographer pages to reveal to us that the numbered sequence is the Fibonacci, but at the end of the book several characters realize seemingly instantaneously the identity of the true evil-doer. The information is handed out to the reader so slowly anyone with half a brain will guess correctly before revealed.

Two thumbs down. I'm sorry I wasted the time on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home