Friday, April 02, 2004

Sukebei! (Pervert!) - Or, The Perils of Having a Ground Floor Apartment

Friends, we have been robbed. Don't be alarmed, nothing of value was taken. But, I have learned an important lesson in keeping an eye on your laundry :(.

I got up early this morning to make our lunch. I was checking some stuff on the internet, when I heard a rattling outside (presumably from the laundry racks hanging from a long pole that you can peg your laundry to). I figured it was the wind or just a neighbour disentangling our laundry from the divider on our balconies (because with the wind it can happen), but decided to take a look just in case. What I saw was very weird! There was a guy standing there pulling at our laundry!!! Having just woken up I was a little stunned but he saw me and ran away - crossing the driveway to another neighbour's balcony and taking something from there too, then leaving so hastily on his scooter that he nearly knocked down a couple of "don't park here" signs in the driveway.

I looked at our laundry carefully but I couldn't figure out what was missing. It had to be something small because all the large stuff was still there and I clearly remembered what I put out there (since it was just yesterday). It was my underwear! I know exactly which ones too!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And now we know where they get the merchandise for those crazy vending machines.