Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Doppelgangers!

I was asked to translate "too cool for school" the other day. That was difficult.

W., one of the instructors at Jiyugaoka (Kate's home base) is a dead-ringer for one Christine G. Seeing as how W. is of Cantonese descent (which Christine, to the best of my knowledge, is not), they don't look the least bit alike, but when W. gets (or pretends to get) stressed she sounds exactly like Christine when she gets (or pretends to get) stressed. It's bizarre.

Meanwhile, Kate has had a student that she claims to be the Japanese clone of one Mr. Lewis from back home. She said the face, the mannerisms, and the manner of speech (he was a high level student) were all identical. Of course, ever since I heard Mr. Lewis swear chikusho I've always figured he was part Japanese.

We're off to see my uncle again today. Might see the imperial wuzzit on the way.