Thursday, December 04, 2003

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it

When I got up today, I was happy to discover that yesterday's microwave escapade had not impaired my ability to walk. Yay me!

We went to the ward office and picked up our Alien Registration Cards--yep, that's what they're called, at least in the official translation. To celebrate, we watched a whack of shows about real aliens: some Enterprise episodes we had backlogged from last season, plus STII:WoK for good measure.

In between I cooked up a lovely Thai dinner of green curry. Thai curry paste and coconut milk are damn expensive here, much more so than in Vancouver--which only makes sense, considering that Thailand is so much closer to Vancouver than it is to Japan.

PS: We forgot to mention this before, but the 23rd was actually our 4th "anniversary". We both forgot all about it, although we did coincidentally eat out at Shibuya that day (at a Thai restaurant, as it happens--with food made by cooks who were actually Thai). Had a good laugh about it a few days ago. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who forgot.