Monday, November 03, 2003

Farewell Tour 2003

Brief summary:

We saw Mike, Rebecca, Erc, Sam, Isaac, Bob, Rachael, Naomi, Ethan, Graeme, Corinne, Mark, Erica, Kevin, Peyvand, Christine, and (barely) Cameron. (I think that's everyone.) I was hoping for a larger crowd, but I guess we're just not that popular.

Most of us were late to just about everything. The exceptions are Graeme and Corinne, who arrived at bowling on time, and Erica and Mark, who arrived at the Sitar on time. They deserve our awe and reverence.

Bowling was a small group. It was fun, although I choked in the second game.

The Sitar was a considerably larger group, which gathered together over the period of about an hour. The food was good, although it took us far too long to order and get our food, and perhaps even longer to figure out the bill (it can get complicated with 14 people).

I'm not sure how many people were at the Fox & Firkin, because I had trouble keeping track of arrivals and departures by then. The drinks were good, especially since most of ours were free. (Thanks to Peyv and Christine.)

I said bye to a bunch of people, shook some hands, and received some platonic hugs--except for the one from Bob, which was decidedly erotic. All round, a wunnerful evening.

In general, this last month in town has been just super. I've been able to party, geek out, and goof off to my heart's content (apart from the distinct lack of group sex). Many thanks to all those who've made this possible. I'll miss ya.