Thursday, December 18, 2003

Anime Hair!

OK, well not quite. But I got my hair done today. I was very lucky they spoke English - some friends at work have been telling me horror stories of narrowly avoiding mulletdom. The hair salon I went to, Ash Hair Make (thankfully it didn't), was really nice and they have really kewl comfy chairs where they wash your hair. Also, you get a warm blanket over you which is very nice. Oh ya, and a locker to put your stuff in so you don't have to carry it with you. Very kewl. An added bonus was the coupon I got from the hand-out-free-stuff people in front of the station a few weeks ago.

Also, got our present from mom and dad (thanks!). Haven't decided what to do with it yet though.

Last but not least, on my way home, a few blocks from my house they were making mochi! If you've never seen it done, here is a picture (I didn't have my camera with me, as usual):

The person kneeling next to the bucket uses their hands to rearrange the rice dough stuff while the mallot is coming down. They must quickly move their hands to prevent them from being smooshed by the mallot.

Anyways, I bought some and it was really yummy. Peanut and brown sugar. Mmmmm.

Poor Toby has the flu. Only one week 'til holidays! Gambatte!