Monday, December 15, 2003

The Day That Would Not Die

I think this may have been my first Bad Day in this country.

I have some sort of sinus bug. When I woke up, I had difficulty swallowing. Thankfully that passed. Now it's mostly just the mucus I have problems with. By now, I figure just about my entire head must be packed full of mucus. I keep trying to empty my head of the stuff, but my mucus is not very cooperative. It never comes out when I want it to. It does leak out of random orifices every now and then, but that doesn't really help. That said, it's not completely inconsiderate--it only blocks one nostril at a time, even though it's switched between them a few times during the day.

Eh, you get the picture.

Anyway, for this, and other reasons (let's just say I was not the only one at work today in a less than ideal mood), pretty much every lesson took, for all intents and purposes, an eternity, plus or minus an eon. No, really: I can say without any hyperbole whatsoever that Sisyphus had nothing on me today.

In other news, I have just discovered that there is an academic journal entitled Death Studies. That is too cool. Someone needs to tell Paisley.

(Speaking of which, today I found myself wholeheartedly reciting: I hate everything, because everything sucks.)