Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tal Afar shooting

A couple of posts ago I linked to this picture--old news, over a year ago, but it's such a terrifying shot that I'm a bit peeved that I'd forgotten about it.

I originally saw it on the BBC site, but I also found coverage on Newsweek with different (and uncensored) pictures, plus audio commentary from the photographer, Chris Hondros.
When you talk about war being hell, this is what you mean.

When any country says it's going to go to war, these are the kinds of things that we can expect. Because these are the things that happen in war. And I've seen lots of wars around the world and these happen in all of them. It's just that... Americans involved won't pay attention.
The official response at the time, according to the BBC: 'military officials extended their condolences for this "unfortunate incident" and were investigating.' That was over a year ago, and I can't seem to find any information about how that investigation went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home