Sunday, October 31, 2004

The saddest time of the year

No party. No parades. No trick-or-treating. No costumes. Nothing for me this Halloween.

I was complaining about this to a British friend, who looked back at me blankly, because Halloween apparently doesn't even exist in his world. But this same guy was complaining last year about not seeing his friends and family for Christmas. That's right, Christmas. How do you explain that twisted sense of priorities? Your guess is as good as mine.

I hope to turn this all around on Wednesday, which is when we will be able to witness the climax of the election. Not sure where yet, but somehow or another Kate and I will join with a few others, probably mostly Americans, to share in a cartharsis of exultation or rage, finally, conclusively, hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home