Saturday, February 05, 2005

Battlestar SFU

We finally got around to watching the new Battlestar Galactica, starting with the miniseries. We watched the first hour or so of that, and we're impressed! The action is gritty, as is the storyline, the effects are good, and the fighters use realistic kinematics! (Well, some of the time.)

Also, the colony of Caprica (as seen in the first half hour or so) is SFU's Academic Quadrangle (I taught tutorials on the grounds of an interstellar bazaar!), with occasional shots of Convocation Mall, Freedom Square, and the Library.

In other news, on my way to the station after work some French guy asked me for directions to some hotel. The trilemma of available languages had me so baffled--should I tell him in Japanese that I can speak English? Should I tell him in English that I can speak French? Or say in French that I can speak French? Or maybe I heard the accent wrong and he isn't French at all! I ended up just shaking my head. I couldn't have helped him out anyways (I had no idea where his hotel was), but I could have been so totally globalized and I missed my chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home