Saturday, April 17, 2004

If the house is a-rockin'

I had a word with our (gaijin) neighbours upstairs, politely asking them to "keep it down".

I hated to do it. I've never been a big fan of sticking to what you might call a "normal" sleeping schedule, or keeping quiet for that matter. So I hate to act the adult here. (Emphasis on the word "act".) But our walls (thin though they may be) are actually shaking. And, really, I'm being positively nice, compared to what some of the Japanese tenants in this building might have done (and still might do): since for them there would be difficulties involved in direct conversation, admonition, or negotiation, they're liable to go the route of indirect communication and just call the cops.

So, I anticipated ending this post with something along the lines of "at least our walls have stopped shaking", but we seem to have hit upon a relapse just now.

Sigh.

On the schedule tomorrow: more karaoke.