Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Passion Flakie

Mel Gibson's Jesus movie must be good. Check out this spam I got about it, quoting a bunch of great guys whose opinions I trust implicitly:

Some say that Mel Gibson's "The Passion of The Christ" is controversial.
Others say that it is the greatest movie ever made. I can say after
seeing the movie that it is life changing. It is a must see for
everyone... Christians will understand the gospel like never before and
non-believers will be challenged by the Truth in a profound way.
Help get the message to your "neighbors" by handing out free materials.
Go to http://www.passionmaterials.com/

By the way here's what others are saying...

Billy Graham
President
Billy Graham Ministries
"Every time I preach or speak about the Cross, the things I saw on the
screen will be on my heart and mind."

James Dobson
Chairman
Focus on the Family
"It is deeply moving, powerful, and disturbing -- a film that must be seen."

Rush Limbaugh
Radio Talk Show Host
"If you've heard the conventional wisdom about this movie, due out during
Lent next year, you should listen to my firsthand account of it. I really
didn't want to give you all the details of the movie, but I did want to
tell you its affect on us. My stepdaughter cried for the last 30% of the
movie, for example. It's that powerful."

Rick Warren
Pastor - Saddleback Church
Author - "Purpose Driven Life"
"It is brilliant, biblical – a masterpiece."

Pat Robertson
Christian Broadcasting Network
Chairman and CEO
"Without question, this is the finest work that has ever been done on
this subject. The casting is superb. The action is gripping, and I
believe that having the dialogue in Latin and Aramaic adds tremendously
to the dramatic effect.
"More than anything your portrayal of the suffering of Jesus is with a
few exceptions in total accord with the biblical narrative. It is
therefore wonderfully authentic.
"It will be my pleasure to use whatever facilities we have available at
The Christian Broadcasting Network to help you publicize this outstanding
work."

Click on http://www.passionmaterials.com/ for your free materials to
promote "The Passion."

I recommend that you forward this to everyone you can so as to get the
word out about what many believe to be the best evangelical tool of the
century.


On second thought, these testimonies seem to contradict the stated opinion of the Almighty. Whom to believe?